Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lucky to Learn

I have been blessed recently with the opportunity to take landscape classes with two nationally known teachers. Our guild brought in Cathy Geier to teach her Aspen and Maple Landscape Workshop. 
                                         I still need to add borders and do some thread painting!                                                                     This was a really fun class and I tried some new techniques
                                                             including markers and pastels
On Thursday, I went to the Sewing Expo in Illinois with my friend and neighbor Susan Lash.  We had a wonderful time together.  I took the above landscape class by Barbara Soumar where I used Mistyfuse for the first time.  I will definitely be using this product more often.  It's perfect for raw edge applique because you don't have to reverse the pattern, you use freezer paper on the RIGHT side of the fabric so you see where your placing the pattern and it's easy to fussycut exactly where you want, and it's incredibly soft when applied. It's my goal to finish up one or more of these landscape quilts so I can bring them to show and tell my next guild meeting.
                                 

1 comment:

  1. Great artistry pieces! What the heck is 'show and tell'? I have to ask because it has been eons since I had any.

    ReplyDelete