Sunday, May 19, 2013

Patched Works Retreat March 2013

               Every year for the past 28 years I have gone to a quilting retreat. 
               Hearthside Quilter's Nook started it 4 years before I joined the
               group so needless to say I've been a loyal attendee.  When the
               owners of Hearthside retired, two of the store employees
               continued the tradition until 8 years ago when Julie from Patched
               Works took over.
                          This is Julie and the weekend project.  I usually do "Independent
                          study where I finish up unfinished projects.
                                                                  Sue and Robin
                                       The best part of the retreat is all the wonderful
                                  women that attend.  We got together before my trip to
                                  California and she gave me awesome input as to where
                                 to stay when traveling up the coast, quilt shops, etc....
                     Beth's face is a little grumpy.  She is not happy about the colors she used
                                       in this quilt and how they all blend together.
                              The last few years Julie has had someone come to speak to us. 
                              His quilts were fabulous and I discovered that I graduated with
                              his brother at Brookfield East.  Small world!!!
                                     The Gang!!!  We really have a wonderful time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment