Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Bliss

It is a gorgeous day today!  No humidity.  No rain.  Plenty of sunshine & cool breezes.  This is what we wait for in Wisconsin.  I finally planted the Edelweiss plant I purchased at German Fest.  I'm hoping it makes it in my soil. It needs a cool spot with good drainage and morning sun.  Will it make it through the winter?  We'll see.
This is Lilly.  She is 3 years old and never without her soccer ball.  She spends hours a day batting that ball around all by herself.  If there were a canine team I'd sign her up.  Seriously!  I have a 5 year old cockapoo as well (Maggie) but she is a bit more "Queen-like".  She has no time for such foolishness.  She spends most
of her time laying around looking rather regal.  Although, she does lower her standards when she goes rummaging through the laundry baskets looking for underwear to snack on (ewwwwww)
Lastly, this is Oceana.  She is 16 years old and not as vocal as she used to be.  I tease and say her tweeter is broken because she sounds very hoarse when she gibber gabbers.  Once she is gone there will be no more indoor birds.  I get such joy watching the birds at my outdoor feeders and splashing in the birdbath.  That is the life they should lead.  One of freedom.
Ok, enough procrastinating.  Time to Quilt!

1 comment:

  1. They say if you sing to plants, they do much better. Perhaps your rendition of "Edelweiss" will do the trick!

    ReplyDelete