Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 4 - Japan......You are not forgotten

Nina Edelman, above, is a member of my North Shore Quilter's Guild.  She came up with the wonderful idea of making small Japanese-style quilts to sell at our quilt show in the fall.  All the money made will be sent to the Red Cross in Japan to help with their relief aid.  All too often, what happens when there is a tragedy of this magnitude, you have tons of people sending help right away.  Unfortunately, a few weeks, months or even  years goes by and people forget that there is still a need for money, supplies, rebuilding etc.... Hopefully it makes them feel loved and not forgotten.


We had a round robin of three different project ideas.  Some of the ladies in my guild are soooo creative.
I can't wait to see what they come up with.

1 comment:

  1. You are correct. I am sure New Orleans is still hurting from Katrina, but has been long forgotten about. I can't wait to see the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete